Solution: SMS Backup + cannot access my Gmail
Posted: September 26, 2019 at 9:26 am
SMS Backup + is a popular android app for SMS backup & restore to Gmail. But some user facing a problem to connect their Gmail account. Message like “Could not get token from system”.
Easy Firefox fix posted on Google play -just use firefox as browser for SMS Backup +
1. Install firefox browser on your phone.
2. Login to Google in firefox with the same google account for your google play store.
3. Go to the SMS Backup+ app on your phone and disconnect your email from the app.
4. Reconnect your email address to the app.
5. A warning will appear that the app couldn’t connect with your Google account and asks if you want to try through another browser. Click to continue.
6. A pop-up will ask which browser, select firefox. If open in chrome copy the link & past in Firefox.
7. When firefox comes up, you will already be logged in, so just click through the prompts.
8. You will be returned to the sms backup+ app, select backup. The app will ask if you want to backup everything on the phone.
# If you haven’t backed up in awhile, this may be a good idea, but it will take a bunch of time. Be prepared for a long backup time.
App author Git : https://github.com/jberkel/sms-backup-plus/issues/959