How set Custom URL to Google Plus
Posted: October 30, 2013 at 10:58 am
Google+ has started rolling out the custom URLs it first announced earlier this month to select users and brands but the company says it may start charging for the shortened addresses in the future.
Getting your custom URL through Google+
If you meet the above criteria, you’ll see a notification at the top of your Google+ page or Profile.
- Click Get a custom URL button to get started. Alternatively, from the “About” tab on your Profile, click the “Get” link located under your Google+ URL.
- You’ll see the URL(s) you’ve been approved for. If you see more than one option, select the one you like best. You may also be asked to add a few numbers or letters to make the custom URL unique to you.
- Check the box to agree to the Terms of Service.
- Click Change URL.
- We may ask you to verify your account by your mobile phone number. If you need to do this, you’ll see a box pop up asking you to do so.
a. Enter your mobile phone number.
b. Check the box to make it easier for people who have your phone number to find you on Google services.
c. Check your phone for the code that was sent to you.
d. Enter that code in the box.
e. Click Verify.
- Once approved, this URL will be linked to your Google+ page or Profile, so be sure everything is exactly the way you want it. Once your URL has been approved, you can’t request to change it. When you’re certain, click Confirm.
Pro-tip! If you know someone’s custom URL, you can quickly access areas of their Google+ Profile or Page by adding key words to the end of the URL. Some examples are:
Change your custom URL
If you want to change the capitalization or accents/diacritics of your custom URL, follow these steps:
- Go to the “Links” section of your Google+ profile.
- A box will appear allowing you to make edits to the formatting.